More On Our Plans
Gordon, Lynne & Tracy
2014-06-24 22:04:45 UTC
Hello everybody

The responses are still flooding in with requests to remain subscribed. That is just excellent, many thanks to all of you who have written to us.

This post is just to let you know what will happen when Gordon creates the new group. As you?re subscribed to it, you will be sent an Email just as you were when you joined the group. Despite this, please don?t start posting to the new address until we tell you that it?s operational. Further, there will be a short outage of service. This is inevitable as Gordon changes the DNS settings for the domains over to the new servers. Usually, your provider will pick up the change quite quickly; but it isn?t unknown for it to take between 12 and 24 hours for it to happen with some of the most rigid providers whose DNS systems only poll one of the 13 global NS systems once or twice a day. In the norm, however, it only takes a matter of minutes.

Also, it is possible that, if you have used the group at one address in the same session as it changes to a new one, you may get an outage until you reboot. This is because most systems retain temporary caches of name servers and IP addresses so that they don?t have to keep continually polling the provider?s servers. This happens behind the scenes and, unless you know how to disable or modify this behaviour in your operating system?s IP stack rules, there isn?t much that you can do about it other than rebooting.

Anyway, please don?t panic if you see new subscription messages but mail bounces or other odd things happen. Things will settle themselves down eventually and I will make a point of writing to each and every one of you to tell you when the change-over is complete. Please know that we do care about our members and we will make this transition as seamless as possible for everybody.

Warmest regards

Lynne
Margaret Booth
2014-06-24 22:41:13 UTC
Hi! Lynn

Can you please send me your original email about changing the email list or the email address so I can let you know that I want to move to the new list.

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone
Post by Gordon, Lynne & Tracy
[...]
To reply to this post, please address your message to mac-access at mac-access.net
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/>.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/maillist.xml>
As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.
don bishop
2014-06-24 22:45:48 UTC
I would also like to move to the new list location and misplaced the original message. Please post again if

possible.

Thanks,
Don

Bryan Jones

Ian Harrison
2014-06-25 09:52:29 UTC
I hope this reply is sufficient to help with your transition. I have got a bit muddled and wish I had ppicked up the original post. I really want to stay connected as your service is massively valuable to me.

Keep up the great work.

Kind regards
Ian Harrison
Amber H
2014-06-25 12:07:03 UTC
Hi,

I would really like to stay. I thought we were supposed to be
e-mailing privately the support address, but everyone else is just
responding to the original messages, so I thought perhaps I should do
that as well.

My e-mail address is:
thetraveler87 at gmail.com

I do not require any particular settings, and wouldn't ask you to set
them for me if I did, simply because it is not difficult for me to
take the time to set them myself, and you both have so much else to
do!!

Your list is very informative and I have learned a lot though I have
not posted much.

Respectfully,

Post by don bishop
I would also like to move to the new list location and misplaced the
original message. Please post again if
possible.
Thanks,
Don
Can you please send me your original email about changing the email list
or the email address so I can let you know that I want to move to the
new list.
Margaret
Sent from my iPhone
On 25 Jun 2014, at 8:04 am, "Gordon, Lynne & Tracy"
mac-access at mac-access.net
You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/>.
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/maillist.xml>
As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure
that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus
and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own
security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility
should something unpredictable happen.
Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by

Amber H
eleanor martha burke

Michael Maslo

Marcos Rodrigues
2014-06-25 12:08:43 UTC
I also would like to stay.

Enviada do meu iPhone

Em Jun 24, 2014, ?s 10:16 PM, "Michael Maslo" <mmaslo1964 at swbell.net> escreveu:

[...]

You can find an archive of all messages posted to the Mac-Access forum at either the list's own dedicated web archive:
or at the public Mail Archive:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/>.
Subscribe to the list's RSS feed from:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/mac-access at mac-access.net/maillist.xml>

As the Mac Access Dot Net administrators, we do our very best to ensure that the Mac-Access E-Mal list remains malware, spyware, Trojan, virus and worm-free. However, this should in no way replace your own security strategy. We assume neither liability nor responsibility should something unpredictable happen.

Please remember to update your membership preferences periodically by visiting the list website at:
Devin Prater
Ed Worrell
2014-06-29 15:55:57 UTC
Hello,

I would like to stay subscribed to the list as well.
Ed Worrell
OverHere Consulting
?Bringing Technology into Sight"
eMail: overhereconsulting at gmail.com